Companies struggle with reporting. Specifically, they’re caught in a cycle of inefficient and error-prone workflows that:
- Place a burden on individual data scientists when reports need to be repeated, updated, or shared.
- Prevent decision-makers and business users from getting important, accurate insights in a timely manner.
The result: enormous amounts of resources (people, tools, time) are invested into delivering a mediocre product to stakeholders, reports that are uninspiring to consume, slow to produce, and potentially not accurate.
On May 26th, we invite you to join Claudio Rebelo, Actuary at Swiss Re, to learn about how companies in every industry, but especially in insurance, can revolutionize their reporting capabilities with automation.
You’ll learn about his team’s journey transitioning from a reporting frankenstack, involving SAS, Excel, and SQL, to a more effective way with free, open-source tools like R Markdown.
The goal is to inspire you to think about what could be possible when it comes to reporting within your own organization, with just a little bit of effort. You’ll get a high-level overview of Claudio and Swiss Re’s journey, along with concrete tactical tips on how to use tools like R Markdown more effectively.
If you’re a team-lead or business user without much experience with R, you’ll learn:
- The consequences associated with traditional, messy reporting workflows.
- The benefits of automation when it comes to reporting.
- How to incorporate open-source tools like R Markdown into a corporate environment.
If you’re a data scientists already experienced with R and R Markdown you’ll learn:
- How to enhance your reporting with Shiny and parameterized reports.
- How to automate QA and collaboration tasks, like commenting.
- About new packages for specific tasks.
If you’re a data scientists already experienced with R, but not automating reports with tools like R Markdown
We hope this presentation inspires you to start ASAP!