Posit Software, PBC DMCA Policy
Posit Software, PBC
November 2, 2022
Claims Regarding Copyright Infringement
Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) (17 U.S.C. § 512), Posit Software, PBC (“Posit”) (formerly known as RStudio, PBC) has implemented procedures for receiving written notification of claimed infringements as set forth herein. If you believe in good faith that your copyright has been infringed, you must submit a written notice to Posit which contains:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description specifying the location on our website of the material that you claim is infringing;
- Your telephone number and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that:
- You are the owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- You have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- The notification is accurate; and
- You acknowledge that under Section 512(f) of the DMCA any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability for damages.
Please submit your notice to Posit by mail at: Posit Software, PBC 250 Northern Avenue, Suite 410 Boston, Massachusetts 02210
CLAIMS REGARDING CONTENT AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY VIOLATIONS (OTHER THAN COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT)
To notify Posit that you in good faith believe that content posted by a user on the Posit website infringes your intellectual property rights (other than copyright – in which case please see Claims Regarding Copyright Infringement above), you may provide written notice to us via mail at the address set forth above.